yesterday I posted about an ebay sale I picked up and I mentioned I might tidy up some of the figures and sort out the basing. Well me being me I decided to jump straight in and made a start on 2 of the vehicles.
these were the vehicles that I received
overall the painting wasn’t too bad but a bit flat and they needed sorting out, so with a few washes and light highlights applied I then repainted the gem on the back and based them onto nice new 2mm mdf bases.
this is the models once I’d finished
I think the painting took about an hour; plus a bit of time on the bases, but I’m really pleased on how they’ve come out and it gives me the colour recipes to use on the other models in the army.
next up was a test on the infantry bases, for this I don’t want to rebase but I do need to do something to tidy them all up. so I pulled out my trusty Baccus basing kit and went to work. this is an infantry base before I started
and this is one afterwards
it was just a case of applying a brown wash to the flock, leaving it to dry and then a quick drybrush and application of some dusty scenic stuff (from Woodland scenics) then the base sides were panted a neutral green. this was really quick to do and again will allow me to get all the infantry tidied up in a short period of time.
Finally for today I finished off one of my Squat vehicles thats been sat in my lead pile for about 15 years and I’ve been painting this week.
This one hasn’t been based as I need to source some basing supplies to match the rest of that army (that’s going to be fun as I don’t think the stuff I used is available anymore)