Go to ...

Diary of a Wargames Butterfly

A gamer who refuses to leave any miniature behind

Diary of a Wargames Butterfly on Google+RSS Feed

December 17, 2017

An Unexpected Journey – The Uruk-Hai Take To The Battlefield

you won’t belive it but I’ve actually finished an army, and not only that but in just over a month.

I know thats a record right 🙂

yes indeed I have finished my Uruk-Hai army for this skirmish game I’m working on (can’t say anymore about that yet)

here’s a picture of the whole thing

in total I have

• 56 Armoured Infantry
  • 32 Armoured Pikemen (or Pikeorcs if you want)
  • 24 Archers
  • 16 Scouting Infantry (the leather armoured ones)
  • 12 Crossbows
  • 6 Berserkers
  • 1 Armoured Troll
  • 5 Commanders
  • 2 Standard bearers
  • 1 Shaman

plus I also have a few characters

• Saruman
  • Grima
  • 2  Uruk-Hai carrying Pippin and Merry

here’s some pictures of the army all 159 of them

Now it would be remiss of me not to say that some of the Uruk-Hai did come painted when I get them from Ade Deacon, although I did have to repaint them a bit and the Troll was a present from Colin who is a listener to the podcast, but I did paint over 100 figures myself which is pretty good for me.

next up are some Orcs that I got painted from Ade but in need of a touch up and then its on to Rohan

Tags:

7 Responses “An Unexpected Journey – The Uruk-Hai Take To The Battlefield”

1. Shaun Randell
    September 16, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Aah 24 archers. Its so hard to get them, unless you buy packs of scouts, but you out get 4 archers in each box. eBay not much help either.

All together it looks very impressive Mike.

MikeH
      September 16, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I was really lucky as my mate Jeff was selling off a huge pile of LotR figures and I snapped them all up

as you say they are really hard to find now

2. September 16, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Well done Mike! A whole army in a month is great going by any standard, and never mind the few pre-paints in there. It’s amazing what can be accomplished when inspired and a reward at the end (i.e. playing that mystery skirmish game with a fully painted hoard).

Did you have a system in place? 45 minutes or X figures a day?

Enjoy them!

MikeH
      September 16, 2017 at 8:30 pm

hi Sean, no real system I just paint when I can.

I do like to see progress when doing an army so I tended to paint these in groups of 8 or 12 and had a production line set up so I could finish something every day.
      I also based them up as each batch was completed so each unit was ready to play with immediately

the other thing I did was mix and match so one day I would do infantry the next day it would be archers or some commanders. so again I had a usable army very early on and that really helped

3. Steve Williams
    September 16, 2017 at 8:31 pm

They look bloody marvellous!

MikeH
      September 17, 2017 at 12:49 pm

cheers Steve

4. September 17, 2017 at 11:02 am

Very nice! Looking forwards to hearing more about this fantasy thing you’re teasing us with!

Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com